74 students placed from first batch of IIM-Tiruchirappalli
This is the largest first batch among new IIMs in India to have registered for final placements.
Tiruchirappalli: A total of 74 students from the first batch (2011-13) of IIM Tiruchirappalli (IIM-T) have been placed with companies such as Cognizant, KPMG and BPCL, among others, at annual salaries ranging from Rs 11.5-18.25 lakh, the premier management institute has said. These successful placements for the 2011-13 batch were notwithstanding the difficult economic environment, an IIM-T release said, adding that this was the largest first batch among new IIMs in India to have registered for final placements.
Prominent recruiters like Cognizant Business Consulting, KPMG, Perfint Healthcare, BPCL, Indian Bank and Berger Paints recruited four or more students each, it said. It was a good mix of profiles to choose from, both in terms of broad domains and specific roles like Corporate Banking, Product Liability Management, International Sales, General Management, Operations Consulting and Supply Chain Planning, the release added.
Six students opted out of the placement to pursue specific interests in niche sectors/roles such as dental healthcare management and product management, it said.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner