8 BSF jawans killed by Bodo militants in Assam
The anti-talk faction of NDFB ambushed a BSF convoy near the Indo-Bhutan border.
Shillong/Guwahati: At least eight BSF personnel were killed and the same number injured on Monday in an ambush by the anti-talk faction of National Democratic Front of Bodoland in Assam's Kokrajhar district.
According to official reports, the militants of the Ranjan Daimary-led faction used automatic weapons to ambush the convoy of the BSF in remote Ultapani forest area near the Indo-Bhutan border.
A BSF spokesman, at the force's frontier headquarters in Shillong, told PTI that while three jawans were killed on the spot, five others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital.
Some of the eight injured jawans were taken to Lower Assam Hospital and Research Centre at Bongaigaon, while others were taken to Kokrajhar civil hospital for treatment.
Critically injured were referred to a hospital is Guwahati, the spokesperson said.
The deceased have been identified as Bijoy Kumar, SK Sharma, Arabinda Dere, Bolaram Lamba, Santa Ramthree, Naresh Kumar, Kuber Bora and Hira Singh.
A combing operation have been launched by the security forces, including the Army along the Indo-Bhutan border, to nab the culprits.
The patrol was on way from Bangladoba in Chirang district of Assam to Ultapani in Kokrajhar when it was ambushed.
The paramilitary vehicle came under heavy firing inside the Ultapani reserve forest, when it was about seven km from its camp.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Jaguar F-Pace Launch in India on October 20, Price Starts at Rs 68.4 Lakh
- Idea Cellular Now Provides 1,865 Ports to Reliance Jio
- Talking Point: Can Rahul Rebuild Cong's Vote Base In UP With Soft Hindutva?