8 Tamil fishermen remanded to judicial custody in Sri Lanka
Fishermen were remanded to judicial custody till June 27 by a court in the island nation.
Rameswaram (TN): Eight fishermen from Tamil Nadu, arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy near Katchatheevu, were on Monday remanded to judicial custody till June 27 by a court in the island nation.
The fishermen, arrested yesterday, were produced before the judicial magistrate court in Mannar which sent them to judicial custody, officials here said, quoting information received by them.
The eight were arrested along with their two boats by the Sri Lankan Naval personnel.
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio to Discuss Climate Change at White House Event
- UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon Lauds India's Decision to Ratify Paris Pact on Climate Change
- Nitish Kumar is CM Thanks to Lalu Prasad: Amar Singh
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump Sniffles Had the Internet Choking
- Hillary Clinton Wins First Presidential Debate: CNN-ORC Poll