9 acquitted in Kandhamal riot case
PHULBANI: Nine more persons were acquitted by Phulbani fast track court II in two separate cases related to the Kandhamal riots in..
PHULBANI: Nine more persons were acquitted by Phulbani fast track court II in two separate cases related to the Kandhamal riots in 2008, for lack of evidence. Luku Naik of Bakingia village under G Udaygiri police limits had filed a case in the police station in August 2008 against Sukadev Naik, Biswambar Pradhan and Saroj Pradhan for setting afire his house.
Accordingly, three were arrested.
In another case, Susanta Pradhan of Raiguda village under Gochapada police limits in September 2008 lodged a complaint against six persons for setting fire to his house. In both the cases, Fast Track Court Judge B N Mishra acquitted all the nine persons for lack of evidence.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game