9 injured as labourers clash with Tata Steel guards
Trouble started when security guards asked labourers to board company buses instead of riding bicycles to the site.
Jamshedpur: Nine persons, including a photo journalist, were injured during a clash between contract labourers and security guards at Tata Steel who opened fire at the agitated workers here on Monday. The trouble started when the security guards, in accordance with a new company circular, asked the labourers to board company buses instead of riding bicycles to the site, which the labourers resisted.
A senior government official said that five labourers and a press photographer suffered splinter injuries when the security guards, posted at the gate, fired. Three of the guards were wounded when labourers threw stones during the clash, Sub-divisional Officer Subodh Kumar said.
All of them have been admitted to Tata Main Hospital, he said. The photo photographer was identified as Madan Sahu. He suffered injuries in the stomach. Vice-President (Corporate Communication) of Tata Steel Sanjiv Paul, described the incident as "unfortunate" and said a probe had been ordered into the incident.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season