90-year-old Saudi man remarries to fullfill deceased wife's wish
The bride, 53, was selected by Fatees Al Thaqafi's five daughters, who spent three months looking for the right wife for their father.
A 90-year-old Saudi man was "forced" to marry a bride almost 40 years his junior, after his children insisted that he honour their mother's dying wish.
The bride, 53, was selected by Fatees Al Thaqafi's five daughters, who spent three months looking for the right wife for their father, the Gulf News reported on Sunday.
The daughters rejected any "young woman" and looked for a mature woman who would be right for their father. They eventually found a childless widow in a remote village who accepted the marriage proposal.
Al Thaqafi initially refused to remarry after his wife died earlier this year following a long illness. The couple had seven sons and five daughters. Even though his sick wife told him he should have a second wife, he refused and instead looked after her, the report said.
A large number of relatives and friends attended the marriage ceremony in Taef in western Saudi Arabia.
"Emotions of happiness for our father mixed with strong feelings about our dead mother. We pray for our mother and wish our father contentment and success in his new life," Abdullah, the groom's eldest son, said after the ceremony.
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP