9/11-style terror angle in missing Malaysian jet case: Reports
The Telegraph has reported that an al-Qaeda supergrass told a court last week that some Malaysian men had been planning to take control of a plane.
If reports are to be believed, the evidence of a plot by Malaysian Islamists to hijack a passenger jet in a 9/11-style attack is being investigated in connection with the disappearance of Flight MH370.
As reported by The Telegraph, an al-Qaeda supergrass told a court last week that four to five Malaysian men had been planning to take control of a plane, using a bomb hidden in a shoe to blow open the cockpit door. Security experts said the evidence from a convicted British terrorist was "credible". The supergrass said that he had met the Malaysian jihadists, one of whom was a pilot, in Afghanistan and given them a shoe bomb to use to take control of an aircraft.
Foreign policy analyst - and former US Deputy Secretary of State - Strobe Talbott tweeted the possibility that an Indian city may have been the target of the attack.
The possibility of such a plot, hatched by the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks on the Twin Towers in New York, was bolstered after Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak admitted that the Boeing 777's communications systems had been deliberately switched off "by someone on the plane".
Meanwhile, the Malaysian government is searching the homes of the pilot and co-pilot for more clues in the case.
Malaysian plane mystery: Direction, fuel load & range now lead some to suspect hijackers planned a 9/11-type attack on an Indian city.
— Strobe Talbott (@strobetalbott) March 15, 2014
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump Sniffles Had the Internet Choking
- Hillary Clinton Wins First Presidential Debate: CNN-ORC Poll
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- Watch: Gloves Off Ahead Of Sushma's UN Speech