Mulayam Served With a Fine of Rs 4 Lakh by UP Power Department
Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday found himself on the wrong side of the Yogi Adityanath government with his bungalow in Etawah being raided by the state power department.
Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh. (Photo: PTI)
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday found himself on the wrong side of the Yogi Adityanath government with his bungalow in Etawah being raided by the state power department.
The power department team inspecting the bungalow found that power consumption was more than the sanctioned load.
The bungalow was sanctioned a 5 kVA meter which was converted into a 40 kVA without official sanction. A fine of Rs 4 lakh has been imposed on Yadav.
The bungalow is in the civil lines area of the city. One of the biggest in the area, it has more than a dozen rooms, its own air-conditioning plant, a temperature-controlled swimming pool and several elevators.
Yadav has been given time till the end of the month to pay the fine.
This comes after Adityanath made it clear that the primary focus of his administration would be curtailing the corruption.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Live Location: Say Hi to This New Feature to Sour Your Relationships
- Top 10 Cars Sold in September 2017 - Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Creta & More
- Hasan Ali Breaks Waqar Younis' Record in Third Sri Lanka ODI
- Diwali 2017: Sara, Sonam, Alia Look Chic In Traditional Attires At Ekta Kapoor's Bash
- 'We Hear Every One Of You': Kolkata Police Joins #MeToo Movement