Mulayam Served With a Fine of Rs 4 Lakh by UP Power Department
Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday found himself on the wrong side of the Yogi Adityanath government with his bungalow in Etawah being raided by the state power department.
Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh. (Photo: PTI)
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday found himself on the wrong side of the Yogi Adityanath government with his bungalow in Etawah being raided by the state power department.
The power department team inspecting the bungalow found that power consumption was more than the sanctioned load.
The bungalow was sanctioned a 5 kVA meter which was converted into a 40 kVA without official sanction. A fine of Rs 4 lakh has been imposed on Yadav.
The bungalow is in the civil lines area of the city. One of the biggest in the area, it has more than a dozen rooms, its own air-conditioning plant, a temperature-controlled swimming pool and several elevators.
Yadav has been given time till the end of the month to pay the fine.
This comes after Adityanath made it clear that the primary focus of his administration would be curtailing the corruption.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Has An Adorable Message For Malayalam Actress Bhavana On Her Wedding
- Of Being Body Positive And Combating Unrealistic Beauty Standards
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top 50 Plus Smartphone Deals on Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, Honor And Others Listed
- Urvashi Rautela Trolled For Sporting A Bold Black Outfit At Filmfare Awards 2018
- Scuba Diving in Puducherry: An Experience to Withhold!