DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
A huge sand cake for Sachin's birthday!
Sachin Tendulkar turns 38 on April 24.
Bhubaneswar: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik Friday began sculpting a huge cake and 38 bats in sand on the beach of his home town Puri as a birthday gift to cricketer Sachin Tendulkar who turns 38 Sunday.
Pattnaik said this is a special year for Sachin because of India's victory in the cricket World Cup.
"That is why I am creating the bats and a big colourful birthday cake to pay tribute to the legendary cricketer," he said.
Pattnaik said he and the students of his Golden Sand Art Institute have already started work on the sculpture which will be ready for display on Puri beach, 56 kms from Bhubaneswar, by Saturday evening.
"I will send the photographs of this sculpture to Sachin," the artist told IANS over phone.
Pattnaik, who has participated in more than 50 international sand sculpture championships across the globe and has won many prizes, said they are using 20 tonnes of sand for the sculture.
Recommended For You
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise