A huge sand cake for Sachin's birthday!
Sachin Tendulkar turns 38 on April 24.
Bhubaneswar: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik Friday began sculpting a huge cake and 38 bats in sand on the beach of his home town Puri as a birthday gift to cricketer Sachin Tendulkar who turns 38 Sunday.
Pattnaik said this is a special year for Sachin because of India's victory in the cricket World Cup.
"That is why I am creating the bats and a big colourful birthday cake to pay tribute to the legendary cricketer," he said.
Pattnaik said he and the students of his Golden Sand Art Institute have already started work on the sculpture which will be ready for display on Puri beach, 56 kms from Bhubaneswar, by Saturday evening.
"I will send the photographs of this sculpture to Sachin," the artist told IANS over phone.
Pattnaik, who has participated in more than 50 international sand sculpture championships across the globe and has won many prizes, said they are using 20 tonnes of sand for the sculture.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner