A new technology to help you control PC with your eyes
Tobii will show its eye tracker, called the REX, next week at the CES 2013.
New Delhi: Here comes a new technology that lets users control any Windows 8 PC with their eyes. Tobii has come up with a standalone eye-tracking kit a user can add to any Windows 8 computer. Called the Tobii Rex, and it is a stick-like device that can be mounted underneath the screen and attached to a USB port on a PC.
This new accessory Rex enables users to perform tasks such as scrolling; it's not meant to replace a keyboard or mouse.
According to Engadget, "the device, slightly larger than a pen, adheres to the base of any PC monitor and can be integrated with other existing controls such as the keyboard, mouse or touchpad.
The company has not divulged any information related to pricing and availability. Tobii plans to offer 5,000 units to consumers before the end of 2013. However, for developers, a special edition is available starting today at $995.
Tobii will show its eye tracker, called the REX, next week at the CES 2013. At last year's CES the company previewed Gaze UI, an interface that allowed users to navigate, zoom, select and scroll on a proprietary Windows 8-enabled laptop with their pupils and a touchpad.
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- We All Felt Golmaal 2 Was a Crap Film: Ajay Devgn
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct