Aamir Khan is busy learning Bhojpuri for 'Peekay'
The 48-year-old has been taking lessons as his character in the movie demands fluency in the language.
Mumbai: Actor Aamir Khan is said to be learning Bhojpuri for his upcoming Rajkumar Hirani directed movie 'Peekay'. The 48-year-old has been taking lessons over the last four months as his character in the movie demands fluency in the language.
"Aamir has been trying to master Bhojpuri for the last four months. Everyone is wondering why he has been learning a language that is traditionally spoken in east Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, when the film has largely been shot in Rajasthan.
This is a new twist to the tale. There is a lot of curiosity as to what the film is about," a source said.
This is not the first time the '3 Idiots' star has taken language lessons for a role. He learnt Awadhi while preparing for Ashutosh Gowariker's blockbuster 'Lagaan'. 'Peekay', which also stars Anushka Sharma in the lead, is expected to release next year.
Recommended For You
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years