Aamir Khan is busy learning Bhojpuri for 'Peekay'
The 48-year-old has been taking lessons as his character in the movie demands fluency in the language.
Mumbai: Actor Aamir Khan is said to be learning Bhojpuri for his upcoming Rajkumar Hirani directed movie 'Peekay'. The 48-year-old has been taking lessons over the last four months as his character in the movie demands fluency in the language.
"Aamir has been trying to master Bhojpuri for the last four months. Everyone is wondering why he has been learning a language that is traditionally spoken in east Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, when the film has largely been shot in Rajasthan.
This is a new twist to the tale. There is a lot of curiosity as to what the film is about," a source said.
This is not the first time the '3 Idiots' star has taken language lessons for a role. He learnt Awadhi while preparing for Ashutosh Gowariker's blockbuster 'Lagaan'. 'Peekay', which also stars Anushka Sharma in the lead, is expected to release next year.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?