Aamir Khan lauds child sexual abuse bill
Aamir Khan highlighted the issue of child sexual abuse in the second episode of his show 'Satyamev Jayate'.
New Delhi: Superstar Aamir Khan, who highlighted the issue of child sexual abuse in the second episode of his show 'Satyamev Jayate', is happy that the Parliament has approved a bill to protect kids below 18 from such exploitation.
The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Bill, 2011, was earlier cleared by Rajya Sabha and approved by the Lower House by voice vote Tuesday. "Hey guys, great news! The Lok Sabha has passed the Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Bill today!!! Unbelievable!!! Super News!," Aamir posted on facebook.
The 47-year-old actor had spoken to several such abuse victims and their family members on the episode which was aired on May 12. The victims had narrated their experiences of being molested or abused in their childhood. He even called for the Bill to be quickly passed, writing a letter to the government regarding the same.
According to the bill, special courts will be set up for the speedy trial of cases against the victims and provide stringent punishment extending up to life term for offenders. Earlier in the month, Aamir met Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and pressed for speedy trial of female foeticide cases as he had promised in the first episode of his debut TV show.
Recommended For You
- Explore Delhi In A Day With Just Rs 500 In Your Pocket
- Amazon Removes Mahatma Gandhi Chappal Recalling Sushma Swaraj's Warning
- Yuvraj Singh: The Phoenix Who Keeps Coming Back Again and Again
- Sasikala No Replacement, Won't Last Long, Says Jayalalithaa's Biographer
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Deals on OnePlus 3T, Moto G4 Plus, Lenovo Z2 Plus And More