Aamir Khan lauds child sexual abuse bill
Aamir Khan highlighted the issue of child sexual abuse in the second episode of his show 'Satyamev Jayate'.
New Delhi: Superstar Aamir Khan, who highlighted the issue of child sexual abuse in the second episode of his show 'Satyamev Jayate', is happy that the Parliament has approved a bill to protect kids below 18 from such exploitation.
The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Bill, 2011, was earlier cleared by Rajya Sabha and approved by the Lower House by voice vote Tuesday. "Hey guys, great news! The Lok Sabha has passed the Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Bill today!!! Unbelievable!!! Super News!," Aamir posted on facebook.
The 47-year-old actor had spoken to several such abuse victims and their family members on the episode which was aired on May 12. The victims had narrated their experiences of being molested or abused in their childhood. He even called for the Bill to be quickly passed, writing a letter to the government regarding the same.
According to the bill, special courts will be set up for the speedy trial of cases against the victims and provide stringent punishment extending up to life term for offenders. Earlier in the month, Aamir met Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and pressed for speedy trial of female foeticide cases as he had promised in the first episode of his debut TV show.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Fashion Awards 2016International Model Of The Year: Gigi Hadid's Best Fashion Moments Of 2016
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video