Aamir Khan on SRK's 'Chennai Express': Not interested in breaking records
Aamir Khan returned to Mumbai after a month-long training schedule in Australia.
Mumbai: Bollywood actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan features in one of the most awaited films of the year, 'Dhoom 3', he says he is not thinking about how many records it will break.
Reacting to reports stating that he has claimed that 'Dhoom 3' will surpass the business of Shah Rukh Khan's 'Chennai Express', Aamir said in a statement: "I am not interested in breaking records. I am an artist, and what gives me a high is to entertain my audience, to give them a good time, and to satisfy them emotionally."
Aamir's last release 'Talaash' was appreciated for his performance, but the movie couldn't mint too much moolah. The actor believes the challenge does not lie in building numbers at the box office, it lies in winning the audience's adulation.
"I want to earn the love of my audience. That is what I am thirsty for. I like to challenge myself and do work that I have not done. I like to surprise my audience.These are the things that I am interested in," said the versatile actor, who will be seen in a negative role in 'Dhoom 3'.
Aamir has just returned to Mumbai after month-long training schedule in Australia where he had gone to learn a special dance form.
'Dhoom 3',which is the third instalment of the Yash Raj Films' franchise, also stars Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra and Katrina Kaif. It will release on December 20.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show