Aamir Khan shoots for 'Peekay' in Delhi, leaves fans mesmerised with acting skills
Rajkumar Hirani's upcoming political satire 'Peekay' features Aamir Khan and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles.
New Delhi: From making consistent efforts to sneak past the burly bouncers into the shoot area to screaming Aamir Khan's name, starstruck fans tried their best to get a glimpse of the star during his recent trip to Delhi.
Rajkumar Hirani's upcoming political satire 'Peekay', which features Aamir Khan and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles, not only has a distinct flavour of Rajasthan, but has also been shot in Belgium, and carries the magical Dilli ki feel.
Spotted traversing through the lanes of Dilli Haat, Aamir Khan, who wore a yellow helmet, beads and handbands, and lipstick (a look which we haven't seen him sport ever in the past), began shooting for 'Peekay' on Friday at 7am. "Aamir Khan toh subah 7 baje se shooting kar rahein hain yahan. Kitney alag lag rahe hain Humari shop ke aagey bhi woh aye they," said one of the stall owners at Dilli Haat on the condition of anonymity. On being asked if Aamir was interested in buying any of the handcraft items from his stall, the owner said, "Had his wife Kiran accompanied him, he would have. Akele they toh kuch bhi nahi liya." Despite his grueling work schedule, Aamir Khan looked fresh faced and immaculate as he shot his part.
Later in the evening, on the occasion of World Tourism day, Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit thanked Aamir and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani for their presence. "I'm happy that we are celebrating World Tourism Day in Delhi this year for it is not just a historical place, but India's tourism center too. Duniya bhar ke log yahan aatey hain. Delhi is a place every person would want to visit, courtesy the cultural and historical significance it carries. I hope Delhi continues to be one the major attractions of India," Aamir Khan said.
Rajkumar Hirani too shared his experience of shooting in the country's capital which has now emerged filmmakers' favourite destination. "I have been scouting locations in Delhi for our shoot. From Humayun's Tomb to Qutub Minar, Lal Quila, Hauz Khas and Purani Dilli, there is so much to explore," the filmmaker said.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar