Aamir settles copyright issue over 'DK Bose'
Jiten Thukral and Sumir Tagra had claimed that the phrase 'BoseDK' was their idea
New Delhi: 'Bhaag DK Bose', the popular song from Aamir Khan's latest production Delhi Belly accidentally infringed copyrights of an artist duo who have a registered trademark of a similar name, but the actor has now amicably resolved the issue.
Jiten Thukral and Sumir Tagra had claimed that the phrase 'BoseDK' was originally their idea and the title of their first exhibition at Gallery Nature Morte in 2005.
Aamir, who was not aware of the registered trademark, has now acknowledged that the phrase is their property, saying he has no claims over it.
"Before they approached me, I wasn't aware of the similarity between their label and the song title. I am here to acknowledge the fact that the phrase is their label. We don't have any claim over it at all," said Aamir, who was in the national capital today to clarify his stance on the issue.
Thukral and Tagra, who approached Aamir on June 24th, has said that they were not looking for any monetary benefits from the claim. The artist duo said that they are content with "just the acknowledgment" by the superstar.
"We were taken aback when we saw the term used in the song. We felt it was important for us artists to stand up for our work.
"We shared our concerns with Aamir. As an artist himself he understood and appreciated our concern. We both agreed that it was a similar creative impulse that triggered our work 'Bosedk' and the song. We are grateful for his openness in resolving the matter," said Thukral and Tagra.
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly