Satyamev Jayate effect? MP acts against MTP centres
The Madhya Pradesh Health Department has suspended the licences of 65 Medical Termination of Pregnancy centres.
New Delhi: Three days after actor Aamir Khan's TV show Satyamev Jayate on female foeticide was aired, the Madhya Pradesh Health Department has suspended the licences of 65 Medical Termination of Pregnancy centres for not submitting their reports on the prescribed form.
The suspension will be revoked if the centres submit their updated forms by Monday.
Meanwhile, Aamir Khan will meet Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday. He is likely to appeal to him to take action in old cases of female foeticide in his state.
In his TV show, the actor had highlighted a seven-year-old sting operation that had exposed cases of female foeticide in Rajashthan.
- News360: India Raids Terror Camps In PoK
- UN Asks India, Pakistan to Resolve Differences Peacefully
- Want Pakistan to Combat, Delegitimise Terror Entities: US
- CISF DG Briefs Rajnath Singh Over Security of Airports, Ports
- War over airfare intensifies; will DGCA step in?
- StarGaze: Akshay Kumar celebrates World Heart Day and more
- Living it Up: How to beat heart diseases
- World Heart Day: 5 ways to keep your heart healthy