Satyamev Jayate effect? MP acts against MTP centres
The Madhya Pradesh Health Department has suspended the licences of 65 Medical Termination of Pregnancy centres.
New Delhi: Three days after actor Aamir Khan's TV show Satyamev Jayate on female foeticide was aired, the Madhya Pradesh Health Department has suspended the licences of 65 Medical Termination of Pregnancy centres for not submitting their reports on the prescribed form.
The suspension will be revoked if the centres submit their updated forms by Monday.
Meanwhile, Aamir Khan will meet Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday. He is likely to appeal to him to take action in old cases of female foeticide in his state.
In his TV show, the actor had highlighted a seven-year-old sting operation that had exposed cases of female foeticide in Rajashthan.
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow