Satyamev Jayate effect? MP acts against MTP centres
The Madhya Pradesh Health Department has suspended the licences of 65 Medical Termination of Pregnancy centres.
New Delhi: Three days after actor Aamir Khan's TV show Satyamev Jayate on female foeticide was aired, the Madhya Pradesh Health Department has suspended the licences of 65 Medical Termination of Pregnancy centres for not submitting their reports on the prescribed form.
The suspension will be revoked if the centres submit their updated forms by Monday.
Meanwhile, Aamir Khan will meet Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday. He is likely to appeal to him to take action in old cases of female foeticide in his state.
In his TV show, the actor had highlighted a seven-year-old sting operation that had exposed cases of female foeticide in Rajashthan.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Vintage Federer Floors Berdych in 90 Minutes
- Explore Delhi In A Day With Just Rs 500 In Your Pocket
- LFW 2017: Sonakshi Sinha Looks Vibrant In Tangerine Monisha Jaising Dress
- Yuvraj Singh: The Phoenix Who Keeps Coming Back Again and Again
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Deals on OnePlus 3T, Moto G4 Plus, Lenovo Z2 Plus And More