Satyamev Jayate effect? MP acts against MTP centres
The Madhya Pradesh Health Department has suspended the licences of 65 Medical Termination of Pregnancy centres.
New Delhi: Three days after actor Aamir Khan's TV show Satyamev Jayate on female foeticide was aired, the Madhya Pradesh Health Department has suspended the licences of 65 Medical Termination of Pregnancy centres for not submitting their reports on the prescribed form.
The suspension will be revoked if the centres submit their updated forms by Monday.
Meanwhile, Aamir Khan will meet Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday. He is likely to appeal to him to take action in old cases of female foeticide in his state.
In his TV show, the actor had highlighted a seven-year-old sting operation that had exposed cases of female foeticide in Rajashthan.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017: La La Land, Moonlight or Lion; Who's Bollywood Rooting for?
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid