Satyamev Jayate effect? MP acts against MTP centres
The Madhya Pradesh Health Department has suspended the licences of 65 Medical Termination of Pregnancy centres.
New Delhi: Three days after actor Aamir Khan's TV show Satyamev Jayate on female foeticide was aired, the Madhya Pradesh Health Department has suspended the licences of 65 Medical Termination of Pregnancy centres for not submitting their reports on the prescribed form.
The suspension will be revoked if the centres submit their updated forms by Monday.
Meanwhile, Aamir Khan will meet Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday. He is likely to appeal to him to take action in old cases of female foeticide in his state.
In his TV show, the actor had highlighted a seven-year-old sting operation that had exposed cases of female foeticide in Rajashthan.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Uthappa and Gambhir Demolish Daredevils in Kolkata
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Rana's Powerful Performances Make it Film of 2017
- BCCI & COA Divided on Champions Trophy Pull Out After ICC Snub
- Baahubali 2 Breaks Dangal's Record; 1 Million Advanced Tickets Booked