Aamir: Women shouldn't stay silent about crime
Aamir Khan says women should be more vocal about the crimes being committed against them.
Meerut: Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan, who is playing a police officer in his soon to be released film 'Talaash', says women should be more vocal about the crimes being committed against them.
The 37-year-old actor, who is in the state to promote the film, interacted with women at a programme here and said that they should raise their voice against crime.
"Women should not stay silent about the crimes being committed against them, rather they should raise a strong voice," said Aamir. The actor also spoke in suppport of the police, saying that if leaders and the administration do not interfere the force can function better.
Aamir also discussed the condition of Meerut with police officers who told him there are only 1200 policemen here while the population is 23 lakhs. The actor said that Mumbai, in comparison, has a lower crime rate despite having 55,000
policemen for a population of over one crore.
"If each one of us take care of our duties as responsible citizens, then crime can be reduced in the country," said Aamir. 'Talaash', also starring Rani Mukherji and Kareena Kapoor, will hit the theatres November 30.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator