Aamir: Women shouldn't stay silent about crime
Aamir Khan says women should be more vocal about the crimes being committed against them.
Meerut: Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan, who is playing a police officer in his soon to be released film 'Talaash', says women should be more vocal about the crimes being committed against them.
The 37-year-old actor, who is in the state to promote the film, interacted with women at a programme here and said that they should raise their voice against crime.
"Women should not stay silent about the crimes being committed against them, rather they should raise a strong voice," said Aamir. The actor also spoke in suppport of the police, saying that if leaders and the administration do not interfere the force can function better.
Aamir also discussed the condition of Meerut with police officers who told him there are only 1200 policemen here while the population is 23 lakhs. The actor said that Mumbai, in comparison, has a lower crime rate despite having 55,000
policemen for a population of over one crore.
"If each one of us take care of our duties as responsible citizens, then crime can be reduced in the country," said Aamir. 'Talaash', also starring Rani Mukherji and Kareena Kapoor, will hit the theatres November 30.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18