AAP asks Sachin Tendulkar not to associate with MCA Kandivali club
AAP's displeasure comes two days after the MCA renamed the Kandivali ground as Sachin Tendulkar Gymkhana Club.
Mumbai: Two days after the MCA (Mumbai Cricket Association) renamed the Kandivali ground as Sachin Tendulkar Gymkhana Club, the Aam Aadmi Party has reportedly asked the star batsman not to associate himself with MCA proposal.
The MCA on Tuesday renamed the Kandivili ground as the Sachin Tendulkar Gymkhana Club. Sharad Pawar, the newly-elected MCA president, announced the change of name in a press conference saying, "We have decided to name our clubhouse at Kandivali after Sachin Tendulkar and the unveiling function would be held there on November 11 in the presence of both the teams - West Indies and India."
Earlier, Shiv Sena had also expressed displeasure over the name change and said MCA had no right to name the club after Tendulkar.
"We are not opposed to naming the club house after Sachin. We are against the procedure. The plot on which it has come up belongs to Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) and has been leased to MCA."
"As per rules, only the civic body has the right to name any structure, square, road and place. As a result, MCA's decision to name the club house after Tendulkar is illegal," Shiv Sena corporator and Leader of House in BMC, Yashodhar Phanse told PTI.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Pierce Brosnan Endorses Pan Bahar, Twitter Reacts With James Bond Jokes
- Jaguar F-Pace Launch in India on October 20, Price Starts at Rs 68.4 Lakh
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP