AAP membership crosses 50 lakh: Gopal Rai
<p>More than 50 lakh people from all over India have joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) till now, senior party leader Gopal Rai said on Wednesday.</p>
More than 50 lakh people from all over India have joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) till now, senior party leader Gopal Rai said on Wednesday.
"A large number of people have joined the AAP through the door-to-door membership drive," said Rai at a press conference here, claiming that people from all over India from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and Gujarat to Arunachal are enthusiastic about becoming party members.
A total of 35,55,425 people have registered through door-to-door membership drive, 10,80,000 through the SMS and missed calls and 6,40,000 through online service, he said.
The party claimed that, by Jan 26, they will complete the target of enrolling one crore members.
Rai also clarified that only one person can be registered through one mobile number hence there was no question of inflating the numbers.
The AAP leader also said that as part of the campaign, volunteers are reaching out to all those people who have not been able to join the party due to lack of information in states.
He said those interested in obtaining the membership can SMS their name, STD code and name of their assembly constituency to the following numbers - 07798220033/08082807715/08082807716 - following which an SMS will be sent with the membership number.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS