AAP MP Bhagwant Mann Apologises Unconditionally to Lok Sabha Panel
Aam Aadmi Party MP Bhagwant Mann, whose act of putting up on social media video footage of Parliament was being probed by a Lok Sabha committee, has apologised unconditionally after being found guilty.
Aam Aadmi Party MP Bhagwant Mann. (Picture courtesy: Twitter)
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party MP Bhagwant Mann, whose act of putting up on social media video footage of Parliament was being probed by a Lok Sabha committee, has apologised unconditionally after being found guilty, said a panel member on Tuesday.
"He (Mann) has been found guilty. For the past six months, Mann has been dragging Prime Minister Narendra Modi into the controversy. He has apologised unconditionally now," panel Chairman Kirit Somaiya told IANS.
The committee will discuss the matter on Wednesday with Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and decide the quantum of punishment, Somaiya added.
Speaker Mahajan had set up a panel on July 25 to probe the alleged breach of Parliament security by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader, who on July 21 posted on Facebook a video footage of his journey from home to Parliament House.
Besides Somaiya, other members of the nine-member panel are Meenakshi Lekhi, Satyapal Singh, Anandrao Adsul, B. Mahtab, Ratna De, Thota Narasimham, K.C. Venugopal and P. Venugopal.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni Fight It Out on Football Field
- Infosys Regrets Vishal Sikka’s Resignation; Issues Statement on His Current Role, Salary
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- LFW 2017: Of Gaurang Shah's Nine-yard Canvas and Indian Weaves
- Industry Experts to Discuss Impact of Demonetisation, GST, RERA at Global Indian Realty Summit