'Aarakshan' deals with the truth: Prakash Jha
The film is currently courting controversies for being anti-Dalit.
Kolkata: Prakash Jha's "Aarakshan", about caste issues, is courting controversy for being anti-Dalit and its lead actor Amitabh Bachachan on Wednesday clarified that they have made the film to entertain and not to create controversies.
"I definitely believe that the film will be somewhat educative to lot of people. This film was an education for me. I am very hopeful that some of the points we made here will be received well," said Amitabh while addressing a promotional event here.
"And any kind of apprehension about the controversy will be put to rest after the film is released. We deliberately don't make controversies. We make films to entertain, bring up few points and have poetic justice at the end," added the megastar, who will be seen as an idealistic college principal in the movie.
Releasing on August 12th, "Aarakshan", a socio-political drama deals with the controversial policy of caste based reservations in government jobs and educational institutions.
The film has been judged as 'anti-Dalit' by the National Commission for the scheduled caste.
"Our film has been approved by the national body (censor board), which approves films in this country. I would like to tell people through media that we have not shown anything in the film which will hurt the sentiments of people," said Jha.
"I am also a part of the society where reservation is a truth. This film deals with this truth. When you do a film which deals with social issues, there ought to be several point of views. I would like to assure all the honourable leaders that I won't do any thing which would anger any community. I would do my work with responsibility," he added.
<iframe width="100%" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T6d97ninMaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- India identifies five terror camps across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18