'Aarakshan' songs have universal appeal: Jha
The music for the movie is composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy
Mumbai: Filmmaker Prakash Jha, known for making issue-based movies, praises the soundtrack of his upcoming film Aarakshan, about reservation issues, saying each song is unique and will strike a chord with the music lovers.
The album offers four songs "Mauka", "Seedhe Point Pe", "Saans Albeli" and "Roshanee" besides Gandhiji's bhajan "Vaishnav Janto" and will be released on Sony Music.
"We've worked very hard on the songs and each song is unique. The singers have done a phenomenal job and each of them has spent a lot of time on their songs. We believe the soundtrack will definitely connect with the audiences at large as the songs are diverse and yet universal in appeal," Jha said in a statement.
"We have also included Gandhiji's bhajan 'Vaishnav Janto' that fits well with the personality of Prabhakar Anand, played by Mr. (Amitabh) Bachchan," he added.
Composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, the album boasts of variety -- from romantic song to patriotic to realistic numbers, it has everything.
Pt. Channu Lal Mishra has sung a duet with Shreya Ghoshal and it is expected to create the same magic that "Mora piya" from Raajneeti did last year. Mohit Chauhan, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Shankar, Tarun Sagar and Rehan have also sung songs for the movie.
"Prakash Jha Productions and Sony Music are both committed to bringing entertaining and quality music to audiences worldwide. We began our relationship with Raajneeti, and now with Aarakshan we have cemented our ties," said Jha.
- India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Heavy Casualties Inflicted: DGMO
- Four Member Countries Boycott SAARC Summit In Islamabad
- PM To Review Pakistan's Most Favoured Nation Status Today
- Pakistan Troops Fire at Indian positions on LoC in Poonch
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test