Aaron Sorkin to pen screenplay for Steve Jobs film
Sorkin won a best adapted screenplay Oscar for his work on 'Social Network' in 2011.
Los Angeles: Steve Jobs' life will be brought to the big screen by Oscar-winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin in a movie based on Walter Isaacson's best-selling biography of the enigmatic co-founder of Apple, maker of iPods and iPads.
Sony Pictures Entertainment on Tuesday unveiled plans to put Sorkin, who wrote Facebook film 'The Social Network', behind the screenplay of what will be a major release for the movie studio.
"There is no writer working in Hollywood today who is more capable of capturing such an extraordinary life for the screen than Aaron Sorkin; in his hands, we're confident that the film will be everything that Jobs himself was: captivating, entertaining, and polarizing," Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, said in a statement.
Sorkin will adapt Isaacson's best-selling biography that topped book charts and became the top-seller of 2011 following Jobs' death last October after a long battle with cancer.
Sorkin won a best adapted screenplay Oscar for his work on 'Social Network' in 2011, and was nominated for a best writing Oscar in 2012 for 'Moneyball'.
He also penned TV political drama 'The West Wing' and is the creator of upcoming HBO' 'The Newsroom', a behind-the-scenes look at a fictional cable news channel.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- First LookNew 2017 Toyota Prius First Look: Launches in India in January 2017
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team