Aarsuhi murder: CBI court to record Talwars' statement on Tuesday
The Talwars had requested the court to grant them some time to file their petition, seeking summoning of 14 witnesses, in the HC.
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court in Ghaziabad will record the statements of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Tuesday in connection with the murder case of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The recording could not take place on Monday as the Talwar couple requested the court to grant them some time to file their petition, seeking summoning of 14 witnesses in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case trial, in the High Court.
The CBI special court granted the duo one day and fixed the next date of recording of statement for Tuesday. Earlier on Monday, the apex court refused to entertain the same petition filed by them, saying the couple cannot challenge the trial's court order before it and should approach the High Court first.
The trial court had dismissed their petition on May 6 and ordered recording of statements of Rajesh and Nupur, who are the main accused. The statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded.
The CBI case is that the murder of 14-year-old Aarushi five years ago was carried out by her parents and that no outsider was present. In his deposition before the special court, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had submitted that the agency's investigation had revealed no evidence of any third person's entry into the Talwar residence.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008. The initial suspicion went on Hemraj whose body was later found in the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
- Real Madrid Beat Atletico on Penalties to Win Champions League
- Injured Benzema may miss Real Madrid's Champions League tie with PSG
- Barcelona beat Juventus 3-1 to lift fifth Champions League title
- India identifies five terror camps across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Watch: Build- Up To The Surgical Strike Across LoC
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18