Aarushi case: Defence wants former CBI official to depose
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents' Noida residence May 16, 2008.
Ghaziabad: In the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, defence counsel pleaded before a special court in Ghaziabad on Thursday to summon former CBI joint director Arun Kumar as witness. Defence counsel Manoj Shishodia said he submitted an application before Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge S Lal to summon 13 people, including Arun Kumar, for testimony.
The court reserved the order on the application for Friday. "Of the 13 witnesses we want in the box, 12 are from the original list of 141 witnesses given by the CBI. One additional witness whose name we have added is former joint CBI director Arun Kumar, who claimed Aarushi's parents were innocent," Shishodia said.
The CBI opposed the defence application. Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents' Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of the family's domestic help Hemraj, first suspected for Aarushi's killing, was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands