DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Aarushi case: Defence wants former CBI official to depose
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents' Noida residence May 16, 2008.
Ghaziabad: In the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, defence counsel pleaded before a special court in Ghaziabad on Thursday to summon former CBI joint director Arun Kumar as witness. Defence counsel Manoj Shishodia said he submitted an application before Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge S Lal to summon 13 people, including Arun Kumar, for testimony.
The court reserved the order on the application for Friday. "Of the 13 witnesses we want in the box, 12 are from the original list of 141 witnesses given by the CBI. One additional witness whose name we have added is former joint CBI director Arun Kumar, who claimed Aarushi's parents were innocent," Shishodia said.
The CBI opposed the defence application. Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents' Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of the family's domestic help Hemraj, first suspected for Aarushi's killing, was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Kohli Condemns Blasts but Says CT is of "Paramount Importance"
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835