Aarushi-Hemraj murder case: No acquittal order for the Talwars
The special CBI court was expected to decide if there is enough evidence to continue trial against the Talwars.
Ghaziabad: A Ghaziabad court on Friday decided to continue the trial in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case as it is, declining to give an acquittal order to the main suspects, Aarushi's parents, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar. The next date of hearing is on June 11 when the defence is likely to examine witnesses.
The special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court was expected to decide if there is enough evidence to continue trial against the Talwars. Aarushi Talwar and the Talwars' domestic help Hemraj were found murdered in May 2008.
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court had dismissed a petition by Dr Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on examination of 13 witnesses in the case. The couple had sought an examination of 13 witnesses whose depositions were earlier dropped by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game