Aarushi-Hemraj murder: CBI court to decide on Talwars' plea today
The dentist couple had asked for a stay on recording their statements until all proceedings in the Supreme Court were over.
New Delhi: The Special CBI court hearing the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case will on Wednesday decide whether the doctor couple, Nupur and Rajesh Talwar's statements can be recorded or not.
The dentist couple had asked for a stay on recording their statements until all proceedings in the Supreme Court were over. The court had adjourned hearing on the matter till Wednesday.
On Tuesday, the Talwars had approached the Supreme Court pleading that 14 witnesses be called to record statements in the trial court.
The couple moved the apex court challenging Special CBI Court's order rejecting their plea that 14 other witnesses including ADG (law and order) and the then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar also be called to record statements.
The trial court had on May 6 rejected defence plea and ordered to record the statements of the Talwar couple, who are the main accused. Statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded.
The CBI had told the court that 14-year-old Aarushi's murder five years back was carried out by her Rajesh and Nupur and no outsider was present. In his deposition before the Additional Judge, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had told the court that their investigations revealed no evidence of any third person's entry in the house.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008. The initial suspicion went on Hemraj whose body was later found in the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
(With additional information from PTI)
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof