Aarushi murder case: Sr officers stopped chargesheet against Talwars
ASP Kaul also said that Talwars did not cooperate in the investigation.
Ghaziabad: The CBI investigating team wanted to charge sheet Nupur and Rajesh Talwar and two others in Aarushi-Hemraj murder case but was directed by seniors to file closure report as they felt there wasn't enough material, the officer who led the probe told a court here on Monday.
Additional Superintendent of Police AGL Kaul who is being cross examined by the defence counsel said he had enough circumstantial evidence against Rajesh's brother Dinesh Talwar and family friend Sunil Choudhary to file chargesheet against them. When asked by court, he said, "In the case diary, I had recommended filing charge sheet against accused persons (Nupur and Rajesh Talwar), Dr Dinesh Talwar and Dr Sushil Choudhary but my senior officers Neelabh Kishore and Javeed Ahmed felt that there is not enough material to file the chargesheet hence I filed final report (closure)."
"It is wrong to say that accused persons had neither killed Aarushi and Hemraj nor they took Hemraj's body to terrace and dragged his body on the roof. It is also wrong to say that both the accused kept sleeping on the entire intervening night of May 15-16, 2008 and came to know about the murder of Aarushi in the morning only," he said.
Kaul also said that it was wrong to say that Aarushi and Hemraj were not hit by golf sticks. The officer also said that Talwars did not cooperate in the investigation. Kaul, who has been credited with solving many complex cases including the Shehla Masood murder, told the court that it was not correct to say that he had deliberately not mentioned the evidence in his closure report which went in favour of Talwars.
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- India, China Discuss Security and Cooperation to Combat Terror