Aarushi-Hemraj case: Witness mowed down by truck
Jagbir Singh Malik, who was the first investigating officer in the case, was mowed down along with two other policemen in Ghaziabad.
New Delhi: A witness in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, Jagbir Singh Malik, died after being mowed down by a truck in Ghaziabad. The policeman died in the incident that took place on September 20, in which two other policeman were mowed down.
The truck accident had taken place hours after six people died in a clash between locals and the police.
Jagbir Malik was the first Investigating Officer in the case for 11 days. He had been investigating the case right after the first SHO got suspended till the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) took over the investigation.
Malik was a part of the team of policemen who visited Aarushi's house after the incident. He was not one of the key 13 witnesses who had to depose before Nupur could get bail.
The CBI says that Malik was just a witness among 140 others and that his death will not impact the case.
Meanwhile, Aarushi Talwar's mother Nupur Talwar, who is accused in the case, is set to walk out of the Dasna jail on Tuesday after being in custody for five months.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents' Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj, who was initially accused of killing Aarushi by her parents, was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official