Aarushi: Allahabad HC to decide on Talwars' plea
A special CBI court suspects that the Talwars may be guilty of murdering Aarushi.
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court is likely to decide on Tuesday if murdered teenager Aarushi Talwar's parents need to appear before a special CBI court in the case.
The Talwars are the prime suspects in the murder of their 14-year-old child and their domestic help Hemraj. The husband-wife duo had filed a petition challenging the summons issued to them by a special CBI court.
The special court of CBI suspects that the Talwars may be guilty of murdering their daughter Aarushi and servant Hemraj.
The CBI and the Uttar Pradesh government had earlier concluded their arguments in response to the petition filed by the Talwars, who contended that the special CBI court at Ghaziabad had decided to initiate proceedings against them despite the fact that the investigating agency had not named them as suspects in its closure report.
However, both the CBI and the state government were of the view that the magistrate concerned had the power to initiate proceedings if he believed that there was sufficient evidence against some person or persons irrespective of the opinion of the investigating officer as expressed in the closure report.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology