Abhinav Bindra claims third gold in Inter Shoot Tri series Shooting
Bindra added another gold at the Inter Shoot Tri series Shooting and became the first individual to win three gold medals in the event.
New Delhi: Ace Indian shooter Abhinav Bindra added another gold at the Inter Shoot Tri series Shooting and became the first individual to win three gold medals in the event being held at Hague, Netherlands.
Beijing Olympics gold medallist Bindra was in roaring form as he clinched the yellow metal in the Air Pistol event on Saturday.
In a lively competition, which had the current Olympic Champion Alin George Moldoveanu, Bindra shot 209.0 and 209.3 in the two finals to outclass the field by 3.3 and 2.4 points respectively.
Interestingly, Bindra had topped the qualifiers on Friday in the second competition with a total of 627.7, 6.6 better than the second placed Moldoveanu.
In the first competition on Thursday, Bindra had qualified in the eighth place with 613.3, but beat the top qualifier Peter Hellenbrand of Holland in a strong climax as he wound up with the last two shots of 10.6 and 10.8.
He did the same on third day by 10.7 and 10.7.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1