Abhishek Bachchan completes 13 years in Bollywood, calls it a fun ride
Abhishek will soon be seen reprising his role of ACP Jai Dixit in the third instalment of 'Dhoom' franchise.
Mumbai: Actor Abhishek Bachchan took a ride down memory lane and recalled his first release 'Refugee', the buzz around his debut movie and the nervousness that he felt at its premiere 13 years ago.
The 37-year-old made his debut with J.P. Dutta's 2000 movie 'Refugee', which also marked Kareena Kapoor's entry into filmdom.
"So, it's been 13 years to the day since my 1st film 'Refugee' released - 30th June, 2000. It's been a fun ride so far... Thank you all for the immense love, faith, belief, support and tolerance. I would not be here without you! Big love," Abhishek posted on Twitter.
"Memories of the premiere of the film are still so vivid. The great Liberty cinema, almost the entire film industry, the media. And amidst all this pageantry and excitement, two very scared, nervous and hopeful debutants, Kareena and myself. Great memories," he added.
So far the actor has been part of 50 movies, including hits like 'Yuva', 'Dhoom', 'Bunty Aur Bubli' and 'Bol Bachchan'.
"13 years and just about 50 films, not bad! It's been a lot of fun. But not as much fun and promise that the coming year thes hold," he posted.
Last seen in Rohit Shetty's 'Bol Bachchan', Abhishek will soon be seen reprising his role of ACP Jai Dixit in the third instalment of 'Dhoom' franchise, which also features Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Surgical Strike Across LoC: US Objects to Pakistan's Nuclear Threats Against India
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- This is how Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack during surgical strike - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18