Abhishek Bachchan to star in 'Meerut Junction'?
Filmmaker Anand Kumar is keen to cast Bachchan in the lead role for his new film.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Anand Kumar, who is looking forward to the release of his new film 'Zila Ghaziabad', is already working on his next project titled 'Meerut Junction' and is keen to cast Abhishek Bachchan in the lead.
"I am almost ready with the script of my next film 'Meerut Junction'. It is a very rural film and I want to cast Abhishek Bachchan in it. We are constantly in touch with him and even he has liked the script. If things fall in place, we will start rolling soon," Kumar told IANS.
The director feels Abhishek is one of the few actors, who would look perfect in the role.
"Abhishek is a wonderful actor and the role in 'Meerut Junction' is a very rustic one, which we haven't seen him playing. The character in the film would be similar to the role that Amitabh Bachchan played in 'Kaalia'. So it would be apt to cast Abhishek in the film," Kumar said.
"Besides, Abhishek is a very urban and modern guy it would be fun to see him in a rustic look," he added.
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Hindu Group Demands Cancellation of Concerts by Atif Aslam, Shafqat Amanat Ali