CBI files forgery case against Abhishek Verma
Verma is accused of forging Sports Minister Ajay Maken's letterhead in order to get a visa for a Chinese telecom firm.
New Delhi: The CBI has filed a forgery case against arms dealer Abhishek Verma and others. Verma is accused of forging Sports Minister Ajay Maken's letterhead in order to get a visa for a Chinese telecom firm. At that time Maken was Home Affairs minister.
Verma and his wife have been in jail for the past two months in relation to another case.
They are seeking bail on Wednesday after the CBI failed to file a chargesheet against them.
Verma and his Romanian wife have been arrested for taking money from a defence company allegedly to stall blacklisting proceedings against it.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years