26/11: Mumbai police file supplementary chargesheet
The documentation includes the alleged confession of Jundal and details of how he hatched the deadly terror conspiracy.
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Tuesday filed a supplementary chargesheet in the 26/11 attacks case naming Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorist and Mumbai attacks handler Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal as the main conspirator.
The chargesheet filed by the police is voluminous and runs into 56 volumes. The documentation includes the alleged confession of Jundal and details of how he hatched the deadly terror conspiracy. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has Jundal's custody till October 20.
Earlier reports had said that in the chargesheet, the investigators would mention that Jundal, who had completed first year Masters of Arts in Hindi (MA-Hindi) course from Beed, was given a task of teaching Hindi to the arrested terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab and nine others, a senior crime branch officer had said.
It was also reported that the chargesheet would also disclose face-to-face interaction of Kasab and Jundal inside the high security Arthur Road jail, where the lone surviving attacker is lodged, the officer said. It would also comprise of Jundal's confession wherein he is understood to have given a deep insight into Lashkar-e-Taiba's role in the 2008 Mumbai terror strike, the officer had said.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan