DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Abu Salem attack: Police arrest man who provided weapon to attacker
Reports say Manoj Lahmane, the man who has been arrested, was acting on orders from the Dawood gang.
Mumbai: There seems to be a breakthrough the in investigation in the Abu Salem attack case as the Mumbai Police has detained the man who allegedly provided the weapon to Abu Salem's attacker in Taloba jail. The Mumbai Crime Branch arrested Manoj Lahmane, the man who allegedly smuggled the country-made pistol used in the attack and has handed him over to the Navi Mumbai Crime Branch.
Reports say Manoj was acting on orders from the Dawood gang. The pistol was smuggled in on May 2 after which it was handed over to Devendra Jagtap for the attack.
Abu Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was last week attacked inside the Taloja Central Jail in Mumbai. According to police, Salem was attacked by an inmate, identified as Jagtap.
This was the second attack on Salem inside a jail after he was deported from Portugal in 2005. He had faced an attack at the Arthur Road jail in 2010.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Sangakkara Announces Retirement From First Class Cricket