DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
ABVP activists blacken faces of MTV anchors
Raghu, Rajeev, and Rannvijay came under attack for "using obscene language on national television."
Pune: Three anchors of an MTV reality show had their faces blackened by activists of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and were chased out of Pune for using foul language on national television, party officials said here Friday.
"We blackened the faces of MTV Roadies anchors Raghu Ram, Rajeev Lakshman and Ranvijay Singh and told them not to set foot in the cultural city of Pune," said Shailendra Dalvi, Pune secretary of the ABVP - the student wing of the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS).
"They use extremely obscene language on national television. This is completely unacceptable and hence we were driven to take this step," he added
MTV refused to comment on the issue. The anchors were in the city for a promotional rally and were driving through the city when their vehicle was stopped by the ABVP activists.
Later MTV VJ Anusha Dandekar reacted to the incident and tweeted, "Just want everyone to know Rannvijay Singha is fine! I don't want to give such ridiculous, uneducated people importance by talking about it!"
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere