DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai illegal constructions sting: Case against 36 constables
The sting that came days after the Thane building collapse, showed 15 Kurla constables accepting bribes to allow illegal constructions in the area.
Mumbai: The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Thursday filed a case against 36 police officials who had been suspended earlier following a sting that caught 15 Kurla constables accepting bribes to allow illegal constructions in the area. The case was registered under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The Maharashtra government also suspended a senior police officer in connection with the sting. Action against the officer is being taken by the police department itself.
The total number of suspended policemen is now 37.
The expose, 27 DVDs of which are with the ACB now, came barely a week after an illegal building collapsed in Thane killing more than 70 people.
Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has not ruled out action against other senior police officers as well.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere