Accord state funeral to the braveheart: Patel
The NCP leader said the braveheart should be accorded state funeral to mark respect for her and to 'India's womanho
New Delhi: Expressing grief at the death of the 23-year-old braveheart, Union Minister Praful Patel on Saturday said the Delhi government should accord her a state funeral as a mark of respect to women of the country. "Saddened by the loss of a braveheart. Delhi government should accord her a state funeral as a mark of respect to her and to India's womanhood," said the Nationalist Congress Party leader in a condolence message.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said "our thoughts and hearts are with the family of the braveheart who left us. This is a time for mourning. We appeal to all our brothers and sisters to maintain peace and calm and pray." This would be a true tribute to the bravery and fortitude of the departed soul," Tewari added.
Six men gangraped the young paramedic student in a moving bus in South Delhi on December 16. She breathed her last in a Singapore hospital early Saturday morning after battling for life for the past 13 days.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades
- Passengers at Patna Railway Station Use Free Wi-Fi to Search Porn Sites