DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Accord state funeral to the braveheart: Patel
The NCP leader said the braveheart should be accorded state funeral to mark respect for her and to 'India's womanho
New Delhi: Expressing grief at the death of the 23-year-old braveheart, Union Minister Praful Patel on Saturday said the Delhi government should accord her a state funeral as a mark of respect to women of the country. "Saddened by the loss of a braveheart. Delhi government should accord her a state funeral as a mark of respect to her and to India's womanhood," said the Nationalist Congress Party leader in a condolence message.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said "our thoughts and hearts are with the family of the braveheart who left us. This is a time for mourning. We appeal to all our brothers and sisters to maintain peace and calm and pray." This would be a true tribute to the bravery and fortitude of the departed soul," Tewari added.
Six men gangraped the young paramedic student in a moving bus in South Delhi on December 16. She breathed her last in a Singapore hospital early Saturday morning after battling for life for the past 13 days.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere