Acer to come up with its first wearable device in 2014: Report
The upcoming wearable device from Acer is expected to have a long battery life.
New Delhi: While earlier reports have already suggested that tech giants including Samsung, Google and Apple are working on wearable devices, a new report claims that Acer also has plans to come up with a wearable device sometime next year.
Acer's smartphone chief, ST Liew, in an interview with Pocket-Lint, said that the company will launch its first wearbale device next year. "We are looking at wearable, I think every consumer company should be looking at wearable. Wearable isn't new ... it just hasn't exploded in the way that it should. But the opportunity's for billions of dollars' worth of industry," said Liew.
When asked about the company's plans to launch wearable devices, he said, "So are we thinking along those lines? Yes, absolutely. You should expect something like that from us as well next year." However, he did not provide much details, but he hinted that Acer's upcoming wearable device will have a long battery life.
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time