ACP sends lewd messages to woman constable, booked
The woman constable said Bhajibhakare and two other ACPs had "mentally and physically tortured" her.
Aurangabad: An Assistant Commissioner of Police has been booked for allegedly sending lewd text messages to a woman constable, police said on Saturday. ACP Sandeep Bhajibhakare, who was recently transferred to Ratnagiri district from Aurangabad, has been booked under section 509 of the IPC (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) on the charge of sending indecent and lewd SMSes to the woman constable, police said.
The lady constable, who had gone missing for over three times for several days in the recent past, mentioned in the police complaint filed last week that Bhajibhakare and two other ACPs had "mentally and physically tortured" her. Following the complaint, Commissioner of Police Sanjay Kumar forwarded the case for confirmation.
PI of Women's complaint redressal cell Sarojini Kadam and Head of Vishakha Committee Bharati Bhandekar submitted a report which said the senior police officer had sent around 70 "indecent and lewd" SMSes sent to the constable. On the directions of the CP, a case has been registered against the accused ACP in Satara.
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan Keeps Her Look Casual For Her Recent Public Appearance
- Kareena Kapoor Calls Herself a Selfie Queen
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief