Acting on HC order, UP govt removes tainted Noida CEO
The Uttar Pradesh government transferred tainted Chief Executive Officer Noida Sanjeev Saran and placed him on wait list.
Lucknow: Acting on an Allahabad High Court order, the Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday transferred tainted Chief Executive Officer Noida Sanjeev Saran and placed him on wait list. CEO Greater Noida Rama Raman was given the additional charge in place of Saran, an official spokesman said.
In a huge embarrassment to the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh, the Allahabad High Court had on November 8 ordered removal of two tainted IAS officers from key posts in Noida. Besides the CEO Noida, the other official was Noida Chairman Rakesh Bahadur.
The court had directed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to conduct an inquiry into their appointments, their alleged wrongdoings, as well as all allegations of irregularities in land allotments in the city since 2001.
A division bench had ordered their transfer "anywhere away from western Uttar Pradesh" noting that their presence in the region could "affect the inquiry pending against them". The previous Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government had suspended the two officials, but they were appointed again in May after the present SP government took over.
The state government also transferred Industrial Development Commissioner Anil Kumar Gupta, who was holding additional charge of principal secretary, infrastructure and chairman UP Power Corporation Limited. He has been made member Revenue Board, the spokesman said.
Principal secretary technical education Rajiv Kapoor has been given additional charge of infrastructure and industrial development department. Divisional commissioner and principal secretary information Sanjiv Kumar Mittal has been transferred to energy department. He will also function as chairman UPPCL.
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Cyrus Mistry Removed as Chairman, Ratan Tata Takes Interim Charge
- 'Cyrus Mistry Replaced in Long-term Interest of Tata Sons'
- Pakistan to Stage 'Fly-In, Fly-Out' T20 Final in Lahore
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words