Actor Mohanlal gets bail in defamation case
Writer Sukumar Azhikode had filed a defamation case on the south actor
Thrissur (Kerala): The faceoff between Kerala's veteran writer Sukumar Azhikode and thespian Mohanlal took another turn as the actor appeared in a court on Friday and secured bail in a defamation case filed by the writer.
The Thrissur chief judicial magistrate granted him bail on the basis of two sureties.
A huge crowd had gathered after news spread that the superstar was to appear in court.
The war of words between the two broke out when Azhikode came in support of thespian actor Thilakan who was served a show cause notice by the Association of Malayalam Movie Artists (AMMA) and subsequently sacked him on grounds of indiscipline.
Azhikode attacked Mohanlal, who was an office bearer of AMMA, saying that the actor has become old and should limit himself to roles matching his age and figure. He also criticised the actor endorsing a jewellery brand.
The actor retorted, saying Azhikode must be having some "hallucination" and that he considered Azhikode's statements as some "aged uncle's joke".
The superstar allegedly said the writer may be mentally deranged to make such statements, following which Azhikode filed a defamation suit.
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- The Final Clinton-Trump Debate: Four Key Moments
- Trump Cites India's Growth Rate to Compare it With US Economy
- CPI (M), CPI Back Vigilance Director Jacob Thomas in Kerala
- Dangal Trailer: Aamir Khan's Film Is All Set to Challenge Gender Stereotypes
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- Melania Trump Defends Husband Donald Over His 'Locker Room' Talks