DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Actor Mohanlal gets bail in defamation case
Writer Sukumar Azhikode had filed a defamation case on the south actor
Thrissur (Kerala): The faceoff between Kerala's veteran writer Sukumar Azhikode and thespian Mohanlal took another turn as the actor appeared in a court on Friday and secured bail in a defamation case filed by the writer.
The Thrissur chief judicial magistrate granted him bail on the basis of two sureties.
A huge crowd had gathered after news spread that the superstar was to appear in court.
The war of words between the two broke out when Azhikode came in support of thespian actor Thilakan who was served a show cause notice by the Association of Malayalam Movie Artists (AMMA) and subsequently sacked him on grounds of indiscipline.
Azhikode attacked Mohanlal, who was an office bearer of AMMA, saying that the actor has become old and should limit himself to roles matching his age and figure. He also criticised the actor endorsing a jewellery brand.
The actor retorted, saying Azhikode must be having some "hallucination" and that he considered Azhikode's statements as some "aged uncle's joke".
The superstar allegedly said the writer may be mentally deranged to make such statements, following which Azhikode filed a defamation suit.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017