DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Actor Vivek moves ahead with 'Green Kalam Project'
The actor planted trees at the vicinity of Shri Sai Viswaroopa Sai Baba temple at Valasaravakkam.
That Vivek has ventured into a mass campaign christened 'Green Kalam Project' is known to many. Under the guidance of former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam he had already planted more than 13 lakh trees in a span of less than three months.
"Though I was given a target of 10 lakh trees by Abdul Kalam ji we were able to achieve this feat principally and practically only with the awareness and cooperation of the public, the school children and administrations in particular," says the actor in a press release.
He adds: "I want to make a special mention about my friend Murugan and Mullaivanam of Tree Bank without whose help we wouldn't have traveled so far."
On 28 June, the actor planted trees at the vicinity of Shri Sai Viswaroopa Sai Baba temple at Valasaravakkam, braving the heavy rain that lashed the city.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users