Actress and VJ Rhea Chakraborty groped in Mumbai, uses martial arts to kick her molester, files FIR
Actress and VJ Rhea Chakraborty proved effectively that every girl should be taught self defence skills early on.
Mumbai: Actress and VJ Rhea Chakraborty proved effectively that every girl should be taught self defence skills early on to defend herself in dangerous situations till help arrived. Rhea, who appeared in the film 'Mere Dad Ki Maruti', tweeted on Wednesday that she was groped by a man in her apartment building.
The man, who she described as "well dressed", groped her while she was taking a stroll in her apartment complex at 5 PM. There were security guards in the vicinity but before they could come to her rescue, Rhea, who is trained in martial arts, kicked her assailant hard and screamed.
She has filed a first information report at the Khar police station and has seen the CCTV footage.
"I won't let this go. Going to file a complaint at Khar police station. Action needs to be taken, or are we waiting for 1000s more to get molested..?" she tweeted.
"Is anyone going to bother, elections are round the corner! Mumbai is suffocatingly unsafe. Can a girl not walk in to her own building at 5 pm? Where is the f*****g guarantee of not getting molested?" she said.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18