Actress, designer Simple Kapadia dies in Mumbai
Actress who starred in 20 films dies of cancer after three-year battle.
Mumbai: Former Bollywood actress and designer Simple Kapadia died in Mumbai on her 51st birthday after battling cancer for three years. Dimple Kapadia, her elder sister, was by her side when she died on Tuesday.
She was cremated on Wednesday. "Apart from her family members Dimple, Twinkle, Rinkie and Akshay Kumar, other friends like Sunny Deol, Sajid Khan, Honey Irani, Vipul Shah and Rahul Dholakia were also present at the funeral," said a friend of the family.
Simple, who debuted opposite then superstar and brother-in-law Rajesh Khanna in Anurodh, worked in about 20 films. She will be remembered for her sensual dance number in Lootmaar and as a vamp in Pyar Ke Do Pal.
The actress bid adieu to movies in 1986 after Pyar Ke Do Pal but returned as a costume designer. She mainly designed for her sister and bagged National Award for best costume design for the film Rudaali in which Dimple played the lead.
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor