Actress, designer Simple Kapadia dies in Mumbai
Actress who starred in 20 films dies of cancer after three-year battle.
Mumbai: Former Bollywood actress and designer Simple Kapadia died in Mumbai on her 51st birthday after battling cancer for three years. Dimple Kapadia, her elder sister, was by her side when she died on Tuesday.
She was cremated on Wednesday. "Apart from her family members Dimple, Twinkle, Rinkie and Akshay Kumar, other friends like Sunny Deol, Sajid Khan, Honey Irani, Vipul Shah and Rahul Dholakia were also present at the funeral," said a friend of the family.
Simple, who debuted opposite then superstar and brother-in-law Rajesh Khanna in Anurodh, worked in about 20 films. She will be remembered for her sensual dance number in Lootmaar and as a vamp in Pyar Ke Do Pal.
The actress bid adieu to movies in 1986 after Pyar Ke Do Pal but returned as a costume designer. She mainly designed for her sister and bagged National Award for best costume design for the film Rudaali in which Dimple played the lead.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century