DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Actress told to surrender before police
CHENNAI: The Supreme Court has rejected a plea from S Swarna, actor of yesteryear, to exempt her from surrendering before the poli..
CHENNAI: The Supreme Court has rejected a plea from S Swarna, actor of yesteryear, to exempt her from surrendering before the police in connection with a cheque bounce case. Justice Swatanter Kumar, who rejected the plea on August 29 last, had also directed Swarna to surrender before the police and to file the proof of surrender, within four weeks.
Challenging the orders of the Madras High Court, Swarna had preferred a special leave petition before the Supreme Court. In her order dated April 29 this year, Justice R Mala of the High Court had upheld the orders of a lower court convicting Swarna under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act and sentencing her to three months of simple imprisonment and to remit Rs 4.85 lakh.
The judge also directed the trial court to secure her custody to unde rgo the remaining period of sentence.
Recommended For You
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa