DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Adani Power fully commissions 1,320-MW Kawai project in Rajasthan
<p>Adani Power has fully commissioned the 1,320 MW coal-fired power project in Rajasthan taking its overall electricity generation capacity to 7,920 MW.</p>
Adani Power has fully commissioned the 1,320 MW coal-fired power project in Rajasthan taking its overall electricity generation capacity to 7,920 MW.
Adani Power, part of diversified Adani Group, aims to increase its total generation capacity to 9,240 MW by end of this fiscal.
The Kawai project has two super critical units, each having a generation capacity of 660 MW. While the first unit is operational since last year, the second one was commissioned this month.
"Adani is committed towards nation building and reducing the gap between demand and supply of electricity in India. We are confident of achieving our target of 9,240 MW by March 2014," Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani said.
According to the company, Kawai project is the largest private power plant in Rajasthan and its work was completed in three years.
"Power produced from this project will be supplied to the state of Rajasthan under the existing long term PPAs (Power Purchase Agreements)," Gautam Adani said.
Adani Power, the country's largest private thermal electricity producer, plans to add another 1,320 MW generation capacity in the current financial year ending March 2014. Its current capacity is 7,920 MW.
Recommended For You
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835