DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Adarsh scam: ED registers case against Chavan
The court asked the ED "why Prevention of Money Laundering Act does not apply on the accused".
Mumbai: In the latest development in connection with the Adarsh housing society scam, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Monday submitted its report to the court.
The ED told the court that it was awaiting the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) report to ascertain if Money Laundering Act applies to charges the accused under it.
The point was made by the ED after the court asked it as to "why Prevention of Money Laundering Act does not apply on the accused".
Meanwhile, the ED registered money laundering case against former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan and 13 others in connection with the Adarsh scam.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- With An Arched Brow, Roger Moore Found Humor In Bond, Life