Adarsh scam: ED registers case against Chavan
The court asked the ED "why Prevention of Money Laundering Act does not apply on the accused".
Mumbai: In the latest development in connection with the Adarsh housing society scam, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Monday submitted its report to the court.
The ED told the court that it was awaiting the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) report to ascertain if Money Laundering Act applies to charges the accused under it.
The point was made by the ED after the court asked it as to "why Prevention of Money Laundering Act does not apply on the accused".
Meanwhile, the ED registered money laundering case against former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan and 13 others in connection with the Adarsh scam.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology