Adarsh scam: Former BMC Commissioner to depose
Former Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation Commissioner Jairaj Phatak was the Urban Development Secretary when Adarsh flats were allotted.
Mumbai: Former Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Commissioner Jairaj Phatak is expected to appear before the judicial commission probing the Adarsh Housing Society scam on Monday.
Phatak is among the 14 people named by the CBI in its chargesheet in the scam.
Phatak was the Urban Development Secretary when Adarsh flats were allotted.
He's been accused of using his post to grant permits against norms.
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani